2019 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity
When you need to tow heavy machinery, equipment, or a trailer, the 2019 Ram 1500 is up to the challenge. Properly equipped, it has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, making it stronger than the Chevy Silverado 1500. In fact, the Ra 1500 offers beat-in-class towing capability! Learn more about how the 2019 Ram 1500 offers such towing capacity with the team at Perkins Motors.
Engines & Towing Power
The new Ram 1500 owes its incredible towing power to its three engine options, which deliver up to 395 hp. Here’s a quick breakdown of their specs and towing capacities for Pueblo shoppers:
- 3.6L PENTASTAR® V6 Engine with eTorque: With this engine, the Ram 1500 generates 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing maxes out at 7,730 pounds. This engine option is capable of achieving up to 25 MPG Highway as well.
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine: Moving up to the 5.7L HEMI boosts figures to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and 11,610-pound max. towing capacity.
- 5.7L HEMI Engine with eTorque: This engine produces the same specs as the one before it, but ups towing capacity to 12,750 pounds.
Key Towing Features
In addition to its three available engines, the Ram 1500 relies on multiple systems to help you tow safely around Castle Rock and Canon City. There’s also an available EcoDiesel towing option for the Ram 1500. Here’s a few of its most impressive towing features:
- TorqueFlite Transmission: Standard and class-exclusive, this 8-speed automatic transmission works seamlessly with the eTorque mild hybrid system, and helps make shift changes more efficient.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 includes 14.9-inch brakes, so you can stop your truck and cargo on a dime.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system scans your blind zones, so you can change lanes safely. Best of all: it automatically accounts for the length of your trailer.
- Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension: Not only does this dynamic air suspension system keep your ride smooth – it also helps making towing a breeze! This system compensates for additional load when towing or hauling large loads.
- Available Four-Wheel Drive: If you plan on towing or hauling every day, then surely you’ll run into inclement weather and harsh conditions. Mitigate any potential issues with an advanced Ram 1500 equipped with four-wheel drive.
See What Else the Ram 1500 Can Do at Perkins Motors!
The 2019 Ram 1500 towing capacity is just one aspect of its versatile performance! Contact us at Perkins Motors to schedule a test drive in Colorado Springs, and put the 2019 Ram 1500 to the test. Ready to buy now? Explore our current offers and incentives, or value your trade online. Or, if you need a pickup truck with a little more power for your needs, check out the Ram 2500 towing capacity or even consider a used RAM 1500. What about a great family car with outstanding capability? Learn more about Chrysler Pacifica configurations!
More on Ram Trucks
Capable of reaching up to 20 mpg city and up to 25 mpg highway when properly equipped, you can get great RAM 1500 gas mileage without sacrificing capability! Boasting best-in-class 4×4 efficiency, RAM 1500 fuel economy is sure to impress. Explore RAM 1500 MPG with the team at Perkins Motors to see how you can save…
The 2018 RAM 2500 is built to assist you in your toughest jobs. No matter how large your Pueblo job is, you can rely on the RAM 2500 to tow the equipment you need to get it done. With three engine options and the ability to tow tens of thousands of pounds, drivers and critics…
You’ll find a tremendous lineup of trucks for sale near Castle Rock at Perkins Motors CDJR, including the new 2019 Ram 1500 and new Ram 2500. Both of these trucks are built with a body-on-frame design and can received a customized lift, but what are the reasons for lifting trucks? Find out here with your…