2020 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Your 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity will come in at 2,000 pounds or at 3,500 pounds, depending on the configuration you select for your Pueblo drives. However, no matter which build you select, you’ll be able to tow with confidence thanks to Jeep 4×4 technology and a range of other standard and available towing features. Find out what sets the iconic Jeep Wrangler apart with Perkins Motors.
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
As we noted above, the 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches its limit with loads of 3,500 pounds. However, if you want to reach that maximum, you’ll need to know what each trim level can deliver. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500.
- While most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. That means these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
- Most of the 2019 Jeep Wrangler configurations return for the new year, and the lineup gains several exciting additions for 2020.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best-suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral-range option for heavy lifting on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Do you still have questions about the 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity? Our helpful staff is on hand to help you find the perfect model, with all the features you need to tackle the toughest jobs.
If you’re looking for more towing power, but you still want to enjoy the legendary Jeep off-road capability, you’ll definitely want to consider the new Jeep Gladiator, too.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
Powerful 4×4 systems aren’t the only technologies that set the 2020 Jeep Wrangler apart, and as we’ve noted above, select models receive tons of standard features to help you surmount any obstacle. Just for starters, every model receives front and rear heavy duty tow hooks! That means you can come to the rescue for any friend who falls behind.
However, if you want to maximize your towing ease, you’ll need to opt for the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group. The latter includes:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Get Hands-On Experience with Your Own Jeep Wrangler!
How much can the 2020 Jeep Wrangler tow? More than enough to power your Canon City and Woodland Park escapades! Are you ready to experience the performance of this year’s model in person? Don’t wait to check out our new Jeep Wrangler inventory.
Learn More About the 2020 Jeep Wrangler
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Your 2020 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity will come in at 2,000 pounds or at 3,500 pounds, depending on the configuration you select for your Pueblo drives. However, no matter which build you select, you’ll be able to tow with confidence thanks to Jeep 4×4 technology and a range…