HAIL DAMAGE INFORMATION
Here’s the process in terms of filling a claim-
Having car hail damage is an unattractive nuisance to your vehicle. Depending on the actual extent of the damage you may choose not to go through the claims process but live with it or fix it yourself. In many cases, hail damage is so severe as to total the car, in which case a claim would be inevitable.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM:
- Step 1 – Call Your Insurer Once you have realized that your car has sustained heavy hail damage, you should call your insurance company as soon as possible and advise them that you will need a claim form. They may go over the details with you on the phone and simply send the form to sign.
- Step 2 – Take Photos Take photos of the damage on your car from all angles. Not only are these useful for your own records or any future dispute, they are also useful to the insurance company.
- Step 3 – The Form Fill out the claim (if not already done on the phone) as accurately and truthfully as possible. Comprehensive coverage will cover hail damage. You can, at this point, include the photos you took and make notes on them as to the extent of the damage.
- Step 4 – Estimates While you wait for the form to arrive, you can take your car to local workshops and ask for repair estimates. Some insurers will stipulate that you only use a garage which supplies OEM parts, while other insurers will not mind if the parts are aftermarket. Get a list of the breakdown of each estimate and keep them for your insurance company, when they ask.
- Step 5 – Assessment It can cost quite a bit to repair car hail damage. Your insurer may send a risk assessor to view your vehicle’s damage and assess the amount of repair costs. Don’t be afraid to argue your case with him or her. Their job is to save the insurance company money and they may offer you less payout for an immediate check in your hand. Don’t concur with their preliminary offer. Show the estimates and ask for the right amount you need to cover the repairs.
Filling a claim is most likely not going to increase your premiums. If your car has been totaled and you don’t want to deal with it- We can help you use your check as a down payment.
GIVE US A CALL: (719) 249-6080