safety recall: 2008 through 2012 model year ram 1500/2500/3500 series trucks
September 2, 2015 – Colorado Springs, Colo. – Fiat, Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has issued a safety recall notice, R16/NHTSA 13V-527, for 2008 through 2012 model year RAM 1500/2500/3500 series Trucks. According to the organization, the left tie rod ball stud on your truck may fracture under certain driving conditions. This could cause a loss of directional control and/or a crash without warning.
FCA US urges owners of these vehicles schedule a service appointment to have the recall remedy completed as soon as possible.
What regional dealers including Perkins Motors, a trusted Colorado Springs dealer and mechanic for these vehicles, will do in an effort to remedy this condition for vehicle owners and to satisfy requirements under a Consent Order with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, FCA US is offer consumers three options:
- FOR FREE (parts and labor) FCA-US will repair the vehicle. To do this your dealer will replace the steering linkage. The work will take about one hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules. For the consumer’s inconvenience, FCA will provide a $100 unrestricted gift card. This option is available now. To expedite the process with Perkins Motors, please contact: Recalls@perkinsmotors.com or call (719) 249-0496 to schedule a service appointment.
- FCA US will repurchase your vehicle per the terms of the consent order. The organization is currently developing a repurchase process that will determine the fair market value of individual’s vehicle based on mileage and condition. If the consumer elects this option, they will be entitled to the fair market value (less any modifications) plus an additional 10%. Please visit fcarecall.com for information on calculating a preliminary estimate on the fair market value of a vehicle. The calculator will be available by 9/1/15. To expedite this option, contact a local Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer on or after October 1, 2015 to arrange for a final appraisal.
- Through January, 4, 2016 vehicle owners can trade in their vehicle for a new Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat or RAM vehicle and receive an additional incentive offer of $2,000 towards the purchase of a new RAM Truck or $1,000 towards the purchase of a new Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler or Fiat vehicle. This offer will be in addition to all other incentives available at the time of purchase. This option is available now through January 4, 2016. To take advantage of this option, please immediately schedule a sales appointment. Please also bring THIS letter to your dealer of choice.
Perkins Motors wants all consumers to consider these tips if there is a safety recall on their vehicle:
- Confirm Manufacturers are required to notify you by mail in the event of a recall. If you have not been contacted by the manufacturer in writing, confirm that your car is affected by contacting the manufacturer or visiting NHTSA’s site, safercar.gov.
- Am I eligible?Once you know a recall applies to your car, determine if you’re eligible for free repairs. Just contact your local dealer. Perkins Motors customers can use: Recalls@perkinsmotors.com or (719) 249-0496
- Be patient.Once a recall has been issued, the law gives an automaker a grace period to implement a plan of action. In this case, there is nothing to do but wait for further instructions. Typically, your local dealership will make the necessary repairs at no charge.
- Seek help.If you are having difficulty getting your car repaired or repaired without charge, you should first contact the dealer service manager and provide a copy of your recall notification letter. They can instruct you from there.
“Ensuring every driver of FCA vehicles aware of safety recalls is an extremely important component of our business model, said Crystal Johnston, Perkins Motors Director of Marketing “We encourage every person who drives the vehicles outlined in this safety recall, and all others, take the time to review the many options available to them and then call us to ensure their vehicle is taken care of in an efficient manner.”
Founded in 1945, Perkins Motor Company, Inc. serves Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Denver, Colo. Perkins Motors offer a wide selection of vehicles and hope to make the car buying process for its customers as quick and hassle free as possible. The organization sells new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM, Global Electric Motorcars or used car or trucks. For more information please call (719) 249-2040 or visit: https://www.perkinsmotors.com or engage us on social media: https://www.facebook.com/perkinsmotors & https://twitter.com/perkinsmotors