safety recall notice: 1993 through 1998 model year jeep grand cherokee vehicles
September 2, 2015 – Colorado Springs, Colo. – Fiat, Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has issued a safety recall notice, N45 / NHTSA 13V-252, for 1993 through 1998 model year Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. According to the organization, the fuel tank of these vehicles has a chance of experiencing a fuel leak during certain types of rear end collisions. In some cases, fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source can result in fire.
FCA US urges owners of these vehicles schedule a service appointment to have the recall remedy completed as soon as possible.
What regional dealers including Perkins Motors, a trusted Colorado Springs dealer and mechanic for these vehicles, will do in an effort to remedy this condition for vehicle owners and to satisfy requirements under a Consent Order with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, FCA US is offer consumers three options:
- FOR FREE (parts and labor) FCA US inspect the vehicle and install an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) trailer hitch , where appropriate, which will be used to better manage crash forces in low-speed impacts. For customer inconvenience(s) FCA will provide a $100 Visa prepaid card. The work should take four hours to complete. If the customer’s vehicle had this repair completed before or after July 24, 2015, they are qualified to receive the $100 Visa prepaid card.
- Vehicle owners are able to trade-in their vehicle for a NEW Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM or Fiat vehicle and receive an additional $1000 trade-in incentive over the fair market value of the vehicle. The combined total of which will be credited towards the purchase of a new FCA US vehicle or FCA US parts or service.
Perkins Motors wants all consumers to consider these tips if there is a safety recall on their vehicle:
- Confirm Manufacturers are required to notify you by mail in the event of a recall. If you have not been contacted by the manufacturer in writing, confirm that your car is affected by contacting the manufacturer or visiting NHTSA’s site, safercar.gov.
- Am I eligible?Once you know a recall applies to your car, determine if you’re eligible for free repairs. Just contact your local dealer. Perkins Motors customers can use: Recalls@perkinsmotors.com or (719) 249-0496
- Be patient.Once a recall has been issued, the law gives an automaker a grace period to implement a plan of action. In this case, there is nothing to do but wait for further instructions. Typically, your local dealership will make the necessary repairs at no charge.
- Seek help.If you are having difficulty getting your car repaired or repaired without charge, you should first contact the dealer service manager and provide a copy of your recall notification letter. They can instruct you from there.
“We want all drivers of these particular vehicles to be aware of this recall ,” said Crystal Johnston, Perkins Motors Director of Marketing “We encourage drivers, when they receive a recall of this nature of to call their local dealer .”
Founded in 1945, Perkins Motor Company, Inc. serves Colorado Springs, Pueblo and Denver, Colo. Perkins Motors offer a wide selection of vehicles and hope to make the car buying process for its customers as quick and hassle free as possible. The organization sells new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM, Global Electric Motorcars or used car or trucks. For more information please call (719) 249-2040 or visit: https://www.perkinsmotors.com or engage us on social media: https://www.facebook.com/perkinsmotors & https://twitter.com/perkinsmotors